When the at-fault party in a car accident is uninsured, you have the option to file a civil lawsuit against their personal assets or file a claim with the crime victims compensation fund. Hopefully, you have full coverage car insurance, which includes personal injury protection (medical coverage) and uninsured motorists coverage. In the state of Washington, insurance companies must offer both types of coverage in addition to liability insurance. However, you may elect to waive both types of coverage in writing. If you have waived coverage, it may be difficult to recover damages from the at-fault party. We at Anderson Law have found that most people who are uninsured don’t have assets. If you find yourself in such a situation, please call us at (509) 734-1345 for a free consulation.

Categories: Q & A


Leave a Reply